Tuesday 1 April 2014

Pilot Interview and Survey (6A)

I have decided to construct an interview as my main source of analysis for a number of reasons:
1.     To gain qualitive research and findings
2.     Use personal experiences and opinions as main source- reflects the thoughts and feelings of a ballet dancer’s intentions to dance
3.     Will help resolve other findings through semi-formal interviews
4.     Easier to describe what it is about and to be able to create mutual understanding of the inquiry topic
5.     Needed for the end product (video)
6.     Brings out the holistic approach to the project
I have also created a survey to help develop thoughts and issues/topics surrounding my inquiry further.
As a test run, I have sent out the interviews and surveys to BAPP students, who have had or are still ballet dancers, to receive feedback and get more of an insight of the type of responses. For now it has been easiest to send via email, as it is a lot more convenient being overseas.

After receiving one completed survey and interview from Emma Price, I have been able to pick up certain trends from the questions I have asked, for e.g
 “To perform and get a thrill from being on stage,”
“Music and interesting choreography…”
“Music inspires me…”
Concentrates on “performing to the audience,” onstage
These trends kept coming up relating to the main reasons why she keeps dancing. Therefore it made me think of looking into the music and dance relationship, linking to the theory of Dalcroze Eurythmics, which I will research into more. I also picked up on new motivational ideas mentally and physically.

I hope to have a variety of surveys to be able to develop great and productive questions for my interviews to follow, which will be a mixture of emails, phone calls and one-on-one sessions.

I look forward to receiving more feedback from the other fellow BAPP students to find out more.

Also, if any of you are dancers/fellow dancers please let me know if you would like to fill in or have a quick wiz through my trial interview and survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment